Beginner Orchestra High Strings - Week of 1/6
Left hand practice- Essential Elements p. 6-8, exercises #10-15, 17
Go through your left hand check list! :)
- Thumb on your first finger tape, pointed UP towards the ceiling
- Straight wrist
- Tunnel fingers (place the tips of your fingers on the string)
Bow practice- Play "pepperoni pizza" and "run pony run pony" rhythms on the D string
- Make sure to place the middle of your bow "on the road."
- Try to play each rhythm 4 times on the D string with good sound.
Tally Intermediate - Week of 1/6
- D Major scale- Play with good posture, straight big bows, and good sound. Listen for accurate pitch! :)
- Can-Can- Practice both A and B lines with the repeat
- First Scale March- Focus on the sections that switch between "arco" and "pizz"
Renfroe Orchestra - Week of 1/6
- Gauntlet- pay extra attention to B flats and F naturals!
- Apollo Suite- practice with the metronome! Play beyond the notes. Focus on dynamics, articulation, and good sound.